Vaish Associates values and respects the privacy of everyone contributing towards our aims, objects and services. Protection of all personal information, pertaining to its employees, associates at all levels, partners, retainers, professionals, interns, trainees, researchers, specialist consultants, counsels; its proposed and existing clients, clients’ directors, management, staff; website visitors, employment seekers, etc., from unauthorized access, damages, use, modification, disclosure or impairment is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed towards safeguarding the same.
In this policy, the words “we”, “our”, “us” and “VA” refer to Vaish Associates and the privacy mechanism outlined identify personally identifiable or personal information that may be collected, how such information is used, and the choices you have regarding our use of this information.
2. Purpose of Collection and Extent of Use of Personal Information
Your personal information including sensitive personal information and data may be required by us for performance of our obligations, duties and exercise of our rights in India or out of India in the following manner:-
- to administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement / contract you have with us,
- to perform our contractual obligations and render our services, to promote our business, services, aims and objects,
- to seek your feedback or to contact you in relation to the activities and goals of our organization,
- to process enquiries or applications submitted by you,
- to process and respond to requests, improve our operations, and communicate about our activities, services and research,
- to allow you to subscribe to our newsletters,
- to best serve you, we may share your personal information including sensitive personal information with other members, associates, partners, employees and data processors including service providers that provide support services to us,
- to meet statutory obligations,
- to the extent required or permitted by law, we may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with authorities or complying with legal requirements,
- We may use the information for historical, statistical or scientific purposes.
The phrases “personally identifiable information” or “personal information” for the purpose of this policy refer to any information by which you can be identified, such as your full name, address (city, state, pin/zip), e-mail address, telephone number, passport copies, copy of educational and technical qualifications, bank information for salary and expenses reimbursements, copy of the PAN card, passport size photographs, emergency contact information, family information, blood group, health records, conflict of interest information disclosure etc.
3.1. Personal Sensitive Information
Only the following information will be treated as personal sensitive information:
- Your password, if any;
- Financial information such as:
- Bank account or,
Credit card or debit card or,
Other payment instrument details
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- Sexual orientation;
- Biometric information;
- Any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to VA for providing service; and
- Any of the information received under above clauses by VA for processing or storage under a lawful contract or otherwise.
Following information shall not be regarded as sensitive personal data or information:
- Information freely available or accessible in public domain
- Information furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI) or
- Information furnished under any other law for the time being in force
We respect all information provided to us, and take all reasonable steps towards protection of the same. We have implemented technology and policies, with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use, and periodically review the same. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of personally identifiable information transmitted to us. It may be noted that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting banking, credit card or other personal information including sensitive personal information.
5. Information Sharing and Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may also, in certain instances, disclose your personal information including sensitive personal information, when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify you, contact you, or bring legal action to protect your rights or the rights of VA or others. We may also disclose your personal information including sensitive personal information, when you ask us to do so or when we believe it is required by law. Service providers and third parties who perform services on our behalf are contractually restricted from using your information in any manner, other than as provided in this policy.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of others or their websites, even if you access those using links from our website. We can make no promises or guarantees regarding data collection on the hyper-linked pages and on websites that are not owned by us.
6. Access to Information
All your personal information provided by you, can be made available to you on your request in writing, by email for your review, correction, updation and amendment of the personal information provided to VA by you at any point in time following the process, terms and conditions laid out in this policy, as maybe feasible.
Any review or change connected to your personal information can be accessed via the Grievance cell established under this policy. An Opt Out/ Withdrawal option is also available in the circumstance that you wish to withdraw your personal information from our database under the terms and conditions of this policy.
8. Consequences of refusal to give consent, Opt out and Withdrawal
In case of your refusal to provide the desired personal information and data including sensitive personal information, or withdrawal of your consent at any point of time, VA at its discretion, shall have the sole option to discontinue, refuse or withdraw its services or perform its obligations as contemplated in any agreement between you and VA, terminate such contract, and in case of employees, associates at all levels, partners and retainers of VA, VA may terminate the employment / service contract or modify the terms of employment/ service contract.
9. Management of personal information, Redressal of Grievances and Contact
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. For any query, concern, review, updation, modification, deletion or opting out/ withdrawal of the personal information provided by you, or resolution of any grievances you may contact the following designated authority in writing by e-mail at the following address:
Mr. Vinay Vaish
Vaish Associates Advocates
1st, 9th & 11th Floors, Mohan Dev Building,
13, Tolstoy Marg, New Delhi – 110001, India
Phone: +91 11 42492525
10. Policy Changes
This policy replaces all previous policies, agreements and disclosures by VA about our information and privacy practices. VA reserve the right to change this policy, and to apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. If there are material changes to this policy in the future, we will notify you by posting the policy changes on our website.