Legalaxy – Monthly Newsletter Series – Vol VIII – January, 2024 January 9, 2024
Published in: Legalaxy
DISCLAIMER: The material contained in this publication is solely for information and general guidance and not for advertising or soliciting. The information provided does not constitute professional advice that may be required before acting on any matter. While every care has been taken in the preparation of this publication to ensure its accuracy, Vaish Associates Advocates neither assumes responsibility for any errors, which despite all precautions, may be found herein nor accepts any liability, and disclaims all responsibility, for any kind of loss or damage of any kind arising on account of anyone acting/ refraining to act by placing reliance upon the information contained in this publication.
In the January edition of our monthly newsletter “Legalaxy”, our team analyses some of the key developments in securities market, banking and finance, telecom industry, information technology, and information and broadcasting.
Below are the key highlights of the newsletter:
- Revolutionizing returns: SEBI introduces game-changing net distributable cash flow framework for REIT AND InvIT, sets a new financial horizon.
- SEBI outlines the process for dematerialisation/ crediting of units by AIFs where investors haven’t provided demat account details.
- SEBI amends guidelines for online resolution of disputes.
- Nominate at ease: SEBI offers extension for providing choice of nomination.
- RBI issues instructions on investments in AIFs to prevent evergreening of loans.
- RBI notifies the Foreign Exchange Management (Manner of Receipt and Payment) Regulations, 2023.
- RBI extends implementation of the Fair Lending Practice penal charges.
- RBI notifies the Reserve Bank of India (Government Securities Lending) Directions, 2023.
- Maharashtra Stamp Duty Amnesty Scheme-2023: remittance and reduction of stamp duties
- Ministry of External Affairs notifies new rules to regulate the Leasing of Offshore Areas.
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry notifies the Special Economic Zones (Fifth Amendment) Rules, 2023.
- The Telecom Act: a measure to regulate the telecommunication services.
- Make in India – the Central Government replaces three colonial era Criminal Laws.
- Ministry of Law and Justice notifies the Press and Registration of Periodicals Act, 2023 in substitution of the Press and Registration of Books Act, 1867
- Ministry of Power amends the Carbon Credit Trading Scheme, 2023
- MeitY issues advisory to all Intermediaries to comply with existing IT Rules.
We hope you like our publication. We look forward to your suggestions.
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected]